Making a Comeback

I don’t post to Facebook or twitter a ton because I am convinced that other people don’t care about my day to day life. Writing a blog is the same thing, but even more long-winded. I don’t usually enjoy listening to or reading about the daily minutia. However, I do like to read what other people write. Not when they spell the wrong form of “there” or misuse “literally”. Not those times. But most of the other times when they are writing about something they care about.

I’ve had this blog for a few years and I have allowed it to languish. Nothing seems important enough to write for the Internet to see. Back in the day, like way back, the people who had important things to say would go to the trouble of publishing their own newspaper. I have to believe it was a major pain, and quite costly. If I lived back then I surely would not have had a newspaper. Now in the age of the Internet the barriers have been eliminated. To write something for the public to read we don't need to have anything important to say, because it is easy and free... which is why the Internet is mostly pictures of our lunch and "funny" cats. I don’t think Benjamin Franklin would be amused.

 I still don’t think I have anything all that important to say, but I do enjoy writing. I took a break from the blog for awhile because it was feeling like a chore. Something that is fun shouldn't feel like work. I mean… ain’t nobody got time for that. But I’m done with my break now and I'm going to get back at it.